Discover one of Kenya’s best destinations with a 3 day Samburu Flying Package.
Samburu derives its name from a traditional Maasai leather bag for carrying milk and honey.
As you might expect, the Samburu people who live here are pastoralists, they enjoy milk and get natural honey from the dense woodland vegetation along the banks of Ewaso Nyiro (River of brown water).
Samburu is characterized by vast, open vistas, dried riverbeds, rock outcrops, and red volcanic soil.
What really sets this National Park apart is the famous Samburu Special Five, only found north of the equator and is comprised of:
- The long-necked gerenuk
- The reticulated giraffe (characterized by its liver-colored geometric patches defined by narrow white lines)
- The Grevy’s zebra (which is smaller than the common zebra and looks more like a horse),
- The beisa oryx (which has a black horizontal stripe running across its lower flank)
- The Somali ostrich male (which has a blue-grey neck and thighs)
Samburu Flying Package Rates are from USD 925 per person.
- Game drive in an open-sided 4×4 vehicle
- Park fees
- All activities (Unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation (Unless listed as an upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation
- All flights during the tour
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals (As specified in the itinerary)
- International flights to and from home country
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips (Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
Good to know:
- This tour is not available to solo travelers.
- Rates are per person and exclude the international flight from/to your home country.
- This tour must be paid in US Dollars (USD).
- This tour accepts children of all ages. Children under 12 receive a discount.
- Rates include a local payment. This means that part of the rate must be paid upfront and part on location during the tour.
- Rates include a fixed budget for flights during this tour. Flights may cost more, depending on travel dates. If so, your quote will reflect this.
- Additional accommodation can be arranged for an extra cost.
- You’ll be dropped off at the airport (or hotel).
Day 1: Nairobi – Samburu Game Reserve
Depart Wilson Airport in Nairobi and head to Samburu where you will be picked upon arrival.
You will then enjoy a game drive as during your transfer to Ashnil Samburu Camp, a tented establishment inside Buffalo Springs.
Eat lunch and then relax for a few hours before you embark on an afternoon game drive that will go on until sunset when you finally return to camp.
- Dinner and overnight at the Ashnil Samburu Camp.
- Meal plan: All meals included. No drinks.
Day 2: Samburu Game Reserve
The second day of your Samburu Flying Safari will be well spent as you search for the Samburu Five and observing the vast, unspoiled scenery on morning and afternoon game drives.
Not only will you watch crocodiles bask on the muddy riverbanks and vervet monkeys frolic in the sun, you’ll have an opportunity to interact with the Samburu people.
- Meals and overnight stay at Ashnil Samburu Camp.
- Meal plan: All meals included. Drinks not included.
Day 3: Samburu – Nairobi
Enjoy an early morning game drive and breakfast before making your way to the airstrip to catch your flight back to Nairobi.
Upon arrival, you will be transferred to the international airport or hotel, which will end your memorable safari with us.
- Meal plan: Breakfast only. Drinks not included.
Traverse Kenya’s savage beauty with a 3 day Samburu Flying Package with Vacay Holiday Deals. Book now.
Want to know more about Samburu and other destinations? Explore.