Abu Dhabi Tour
A T-shaped island jutting into the Persian Gulf, majestic sand dunes, islands of blue in the sea and islands of green in the desert is what you’re in for when you go for your Abu Dhabi Tour.
Abu Dhabi is the largest emirate and functions as the capital of the United Arab Emirates. Since most of the population in the UAE is mostly made up of expatriates, Abu Dhabi has become a cosmopolitan metropolis.
However, it remains more conservative than Dubai due to its legal system and deep roots in tradition.
This once barren land now plays host to date palms, acacia, eucalyptus and over 50 species of reptiles, dolphins, dugongs, and whales.
It has also become the place to go for headline events from concerts, trade shows, exhibitions and major sporting events.
Every November, tourists flock there to view the world’s most expensive sport – Abu Dhabi Formula 1 Grand Prix.
Abu Dhabi Hotels
- Centro Capital Centre by Rottana
- Sheraton Khadiliya
- Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan
- Ibis Abu Dhabi Gate
- Emirates Palace Hotel
- Jumeirah at Etihad Towers Hotel
- Hyatt Capital Gate Abu Dhabi
- Yas Island Rotana
- The Ritz Carlton Abu Dhabi
- Park Inn By Radisson Yas Island
Abu Dhabi Vs Dubai
Abu Dhabi’s weather is much cooler than Dubai and its beaches are far more accessible. Dubai boasts of Jumeirah beach which has been taken up by most hotels and resorts.
Abu Dhabi, however, has the Corniche beach which only costs a few dirhams to get in as much of it is public beach. As Bateen and Yas beach are also pretty accessible to the public and there are breathtakingly beautiful.
Abu Dhabi is also more traditional and laid back than flashy Dubai and is fairly easy to navigate.
Things To Do In Abu Dhabi
- Visit the oasis city of Al Ain
- Learn about the Abu Dhabi Plan by visiting the Manarat Al Saadiyat
- Mount the world’s fastest roller coaster at Ferrari World
- Ride and slide at Yas Waterworld
- Explore the indoor theme park at Warner Bros World
- Take a Rigid Inflatable Boat cruise and explore Abu Dhabi’s stunning views
- Shop for souvenirs at Souk Central Market
- Watch thrilling Formula 1 races at the Yas Marina Circuit
- Kayak through the fauna and flora of Mangroves Marina
- Enjoy high tea and snacks at the Observation Deck on the 74th floor of Etihad Towers
Abu Dhabi Mosque
The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque is a must visit during an Abu Dhabi tour due to its magnificent Islamic architecture.
The mosque is named for Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, considered to be the father of the UAE and has become a place of worship, education, Arabic calligraphy, lectures and exhibitions. Expect to see garden and glass half domes, reflective pools, the world’s largest Iranian carpet and large chandeliers.
Admission is free and you can visit any time from Saturday to Thursday from 9:00am to 10:00pm. Modest clothing is encouraged and female tourists may buy an abaya to wear during the visit.
Abu Dhabi Louvre
The Abu Dhabi Louvre is a cultural museum that seeks to tell human stories from different civilizations, times and places. As you might imagine, everything in this museum dates from prehistoric to times to present day.
Ancient artefacts and contemporary artworks make for an exciting guided tour and admission gives you access to children’s museum, galleries and exhibitions within the Louvre.
A visit here will fuel you with curiosity, learning and self reflection and allow you to see humanity in a whole new light during your Abu Dhabi tour
Abu Dhabi Visit – Know Before You Go
The best time to visit Abu Dhabi is between October and May when there is moderate sunshine and cooler temperatures. Light clothing preferably made of cotton will make the high temperatures tolerable especially during the summer months of June to August.
For an even better experience, check Ramadan dates before you visit because shops are closed early and public eating and drinking are prohibited during this time. Other considerations during your Abu Dhabi tour include:
- Female tourists must cover their shoulders and legs from their knees when visiting public places
- Beachwear is acceptable in public beaches, hotels, and resorts
- Know how to greet and say thank you in Arabic as most of the locals do not speak English
- Taxis are cheap and easy to find at shopping malls, public places and on Uber. Hail a pink taxi if you’re female or traveling with family
- Drinking alcohol in public is forbidden. Feel free to consume your delicious drinks in restaurants, bars and nightclubs only
- Public displays of affection will get you arrested
- The crime rate at Abu Dhabi is very low and the police patrol tourist sites all the time
- Baklava is a must try during your Abu Dhabi Tour and is best enjoyed with Arabic coffee
Places To Visit In Abu Dhabi For Free
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque
- Rent a bike and cycle at the Abu Dhabi Corniche
- Watch views of the setting sun from a restaurant at the Emirates Palace
- Stroll through Marina Mall and watch the stunning views from the observation deck
- Hold and play with falcons at the Abu Dhabi Falcon Hospital
- Learn the Emirates’ history at the UAE Heritage Village
- Watch camel races at the Al Maqam Track
- Explore the battlements and watchtowers of Al Jahili Fort
If the United Arab Emirates is on your wish list, check out the Abu Dhabi Tour packages available or call an agent to customize your trip.
|United Arab Emirates
|Arab Emirate Dirham (AED)